Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fully Raw Thanksgiving

This year, I definitely wanted to challenge myself. I've been excited to make a raw thanksgiving for WEEKS, even though I've been eating cooked vegan food lately. I wanted to make all of my mother's Thanksgiving staples, raw-vegan style. I'm very happy with the turnout, and I was really glad I could still enjoy the holiday with the family.
Keep in mind that I'm up here in Canada, so Thanksgiving weekend is this weekend! :D


Clockwise from top: Sweet Tarragon Carrots, a side of celery, Mashed Cauliflower w/mushroom gravy, Walnut Veggie "Meat"loaf, and Pumpkin Cranberry stuffing.

Measurements aren't going to be very accurate in the recipes, as this was a lot of experimenting.
Honestly, this was all just for me ;)


Sweet Tarragon Carrots:
1.5 shredded organic carrots
1/3 shredded gala apple
Tarragon
Dressing: 2 tsp raw tahini, agave, a touch of water, and more tarragon
Raisins as a topper

Mashed Cauliflower:
1/4 head cauliflower, pureed
1/5 cup soaked cashews, pureed
fresh rosemary
raw agave to taste

Mushroom Gravy:
1.4 tbsp Miso
3 small mushrooms
1/2 tsp tamari
1 tomato
water for thinning
raw agave to taste
(Method: pureed all until desired consistency)

Walnut Veggie "Meat"loaf:
1/2 cup organic walnuts
2 organic celery stalks (1.5 pureed, .5 small chopped)
1 green onion
1/6 red onion (1/2 finely chopped, half pureed)
1/2 red bell pepper
tarragon
ground black pepper
(Method: pureed walnuts, and remainder of ingredients until desired consistency. I kept mine chunky, and thought it was great. Dehydrate at 105 for 6 hours, flip and continue for 6 more hours)

Pumpkin Cranberry Stuffing:
1.5 c of pumpkin (pureed)
1/2 cup organic dried cranberries
1/5 cup organic thompson raisins
tsp sunflower seeds
cinnamon
nutmeg
touch of ginger
agave to taste
(Method: spread on dehydrator and dehydrate with the meat loaf. I took mine out and put it in the fridge when I flipped the loaf, and then put it back in to warm it up about 20 minutes before meal time)


And that's it! Well, for now! I have a chocolate pumpkin mouse torte setting in the freezer for later.
Enjoy.
Happy Thanksgiving!!




No comments:

Post a Comment