Monday, August 8, 2011

Recipe: Raw Mustard Stuffed-Mushrooms

Strangely enough, one of my all time favorite snacks is mustard with either mushrooms, or orange bell peppers. Now organic stone-ground mustard is sometimes considered raw, but I suggest making your own to be sure.
I had my left over cashew cheese from when I made my choco-banana pudding, so I thought I'd make this little stuffing mixture to make the mushrooms a little appetizer for dinner tonight.


  
Ingredients:
- 3 white mushrooms
- 1/3 cup worth of cashew cheese (extracted through nut milk bag when making nut milk)
- 3 slices of orange bell pepper
- 1/2 tsp miso
- 1 tsp tamari
- organic or raw organic mustard

Method:
(Marinate the mushrooms if you wish.. I suggest if you do, a simple olive oil- tamari marinade)
- Slice pepper into small cubes
- Mix a touch of mustard, miso, pepper cubes, and tamari 
- Stuff mushrooms with mixture
- Top with mustard and enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment