Monday, May 9, 2011

Raw Recipe: Seaweed Salad

I wasn't too hungry for dinner, so I thought I'd whip up something simple. What to do with raw nori sheets? A seaweed salad of course!! I was pleasantly surprised with how delicious this turned out. Just a rough recipe again. It all depends on how hungry you are!

Raw Seaweed Salad




Ingredients:
Wakame
Nori sheets
Raw agave nectar
Garlic (powdered, or fresh)
Ginger (powdered, or fresh)
Tamari sauce
Sesame seeds (optional)
Miso paste (optional)

Method:
Rip up the nori into small squares, and soak in a bit of warm water with the wakame strips for about 15- 20 min. This makes them moist.
Then add in about a tbsp of tamari sauce, and a tsp of agave nectar. I added some powdered garlic and ginger (about 1/2 tsp each... because I had the powdered kind kicking around and fresh in neither D: )
Mix around and bowl. Then add the sesame seeds on top. I added the miso for something extra... and I love miso.
So simple, so yummy!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment