Friday, November 18, 2011

Recipe: Hummus Zucchini Tofu Scramble

My very first vegan dish I made was a tofu scramble... but since then I've traveled around the US, and have had my share of scrambles. I finally bought some ground veggie from Yves, and thought I'd make an improvement to my first dish. It's easy, and oh, so good.


Ingredients:
1/2 package firm tofu (you can press yours, but I just bought some already pressed)
1 package Yves Ground Veggie
1 small zucchini
3/4 tbsp Roasted Red Pepper Hummus (scoop out of the middle to grab all the red peppers)
1 tbsp Earth Balance (I used the Whipped version)
Tumeric
Nutritional Yeast
Sea Salt
Pepper
Tarragon

Method:
In a hot pan, melt the Earth Balance. When almost melted, hand crumble the firm tofu, and throw in the pan. Let it simmer for a bit and put in the ground veggie. Next, add the Tumeric. Slice the zucchini in half, then half again, and slice into chunks. Add into the tofu mix. Scoop in your red pepper hummus, salt, pepper, and tarragon. Let simmer for about 5 minutes while stirring on Medium Heat.
Plate and enjoy!
Ok so this makes a BIG tofu scramble, but it's sooooo good. So it can serve one OR two.

:D There we go!



No comments:

Post a Comment