Monday, May 30, 2011

Review: Mary's Gone Crackers

My parents went to the Grocery Show here in Vancouver (as they work in the food industry), and my mom brought be back a bunch of Mary's Gone Crackers (and Cookies), that she was given.
Very excited they were vegan, I've almost tried them all! (yes, this means cheating on raw).






I have different feelings on all of the different types.

Crackers:
I love that all of the Mary's products are organic, vegan and for the most part, pretty much allergy free!
The crackers come in a variety of flavours (including herb, black pepper, etc). They aren't bad all in all, but taste a tad spicy, almost as if they were burnt, but not quite.
So interestingly enough, I don't like eating them on their own, but with hummus or vegan cheese, they made a fantastic off-set. I couldn't stop eating them!

Cookies:
Mary's also makes cookies, that are of course, still organic, vegan, gluten-free, wheat-free, etc. I love the "oat" meal raisin, as it's moist, but the chocolate chip and double chocolate flavours are a little over-baked.. so I was semi- disappointed. I have yet to try the snickerdoodle.


Product Summary:
Pros: organic, gluten-free, vegan, (most allergen free)
Cons: over-baked

Rating: 6.5/10

1 comment: