Sunday, September 4, 2011

(Raw) Recipe: Eggplant Summer Salad

As summer is winding down, I've been stuffing myself with fruit. So, thus the lack of remotely complicated recipes. So I came up with this! Mmmm... it was delicious. An Eggplant Summer Salad, which although has a bunch of instructions, was actually generally simple.


Ingredients:
Bottom layer: Organic Mixed Greens
First Layer: Cut Cucumbers
Second Layer: Chopped orange bell pepper, and chopped red onion, soaked in lemon juice
Sauce: Cauliflower Tomato Sauce (cauliflower mixture below, tomatoes, agave, org. rice vinegar, water
           (cauliflower dipped in mustard, tamari, miso, nooch, and tumeric)
Topping 1: Kale chips (kale, and cauliflower dip mixture)
Topping 2: Eggplant Bacon (eggplant, tamari)

Method:
In the morning, I dipped the eggplant in tamari, and laid out the slices on a dehydrator sheet. On a mesh sheet, I dipped the cauliflower and kale in the "cauliflower mixture". I dehydrated both sheets at 110 for about 10 hours.
To make the Cauliflower Tomato Sauce, I put the dehydrated cauliflower, and remaining ingredients in the food processor, along with some dill weed.
Layer the salad levels, crumb the kale, and you're set!! Enjoy!

Oh, summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment