Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Fort Worth, TX: The Spiral Diner

Alright, I put my "preparing for raw" on hold because my friend surprised me with a trip to the Spiral Diner on my last day in Texas!! An epic old style diner, 100 percent vegan, 100 percent amazing.
First of all, the menu made it take 20 minutes just to decide what I wanted. A brilliant array of choices from Mexican, to the classic Philly Cheez-Steak sandwich.
I finally decided on a dish that I honestly can't remember the name of. It was the tofu scramble with salsa, avocado and sour kreme with tortilla chips in case you wanted to eat it like a dip. It absolutely awesome. My friend (who just recently became vegan) ordered the Cheez-steak sandwhich, which was so filling, I finished the rest. And man it was incredible. The pasta salad on the side was divine. We both ordered the Agave Nectar Lemonade, which was a fabulous spin on the classic lemonade.
Another incredible thing about the diner, the dessert menu! My friend and I made a great choice of the hot cookie sundae - a hot melting chocolate chip cookie, topped with the ice cream of our choice (we chose the mint -choco chip) with soy whipped kreme to top. . . 5 minutes in Heaven. And I'm surprised it took that long for my friend and I to devour something as delicious as that desert.




Would I recommend this place? Hell yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment